This contest is only open to Canadian residents, other than Québec and
is governed by Canadian law and the laws of the province of Ontario. For
greater certainty, this contest is not open to any resident of Québec.
No purchase necessary. See below for full contest details. Participation in this contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of, and agreement to be legally bound by, these contest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
1) The Contest begins on June 11, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ends on September 30, 2018 at 5:00 pm ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all OUF Passport registrants. The Contest is not open to any employees of the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) or those of participating universities (and those with whom such employees are domiciled), affiliates or agents of the OUAC, and advertising and promotion agencies.
How to Enter
4) No purchase necessary. To participate in this Contest you must:
a. Register successfully for the Ontario Universities Fair (OUF) Passport by September 30, 2018 by 5:00 pm ET.
b. You will receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) in the Contest when you successfully register for the OUF Passport. Limit one (1) Entry per person/account during the contest period. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) email account to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once during the Contest Period, then all your entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Chances to Win
5) Each entrant (“Entrant”) will have up to four (4) chances to win a prize, depending on when the OUF Passport is successfully registered and if the Entrant wins a prize. Each Entrant may only win one (1) prize. If an Entrant wins a prize, his/her identification number will be removed from the contest. Refer to Section 6 below for the dates upon which the draws will take place.
Winner Selection and Notification
6) We will draw one (1) name through a random computer process on the following draw dates: June 29, 2018, September 16, 2018, September 23, 2018, and September 30, 2018.
7) Before October 2, 2018 in Guelph, Ontario, OUAC (through the email@example.com email) will contact each selected potential winner by sending him/her a private email message to the email address provided at time of registration for the OUF Passport. Identified potential winners must reply to the email message within five (5) days of the delivery of the email message from OUAC and provide OUAC with telephone contact information at which the potential winner can be reached.
8) If a potential winner:
(i) cannot be reached within three (3) attempts (email and telephone if applicable); or
(ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or
(iii) fails to return the declaration of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and Minor Release Consent Form, if applicable, within the specified time; or
(iv) if there is a return of any email notification as undeliverable, and if a valid telephone number has not been provided,
then the potential winner will be disqualified from the Contest.
9) Prizes will be mailed to the potential winners by registered mail. Photo Identification must be presented by the potential winner to claim the prize. If the potential winner is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must be present with the potential winner to claim the prize. If the potential winner is under 18 years of age and does not have photo ID, the potential winner must present other identification such as birth certificate or health card and the parent or legal guardian must also present photo identification. If a potential winner is not able to comply with this section 9, the potential winner will be disqualified from the Contest.
10) If a potential winner is disqualified based on sections 8 or 9 above, another selection will be made through the same random computer process. This process will continue until the ‘Winner’ (i) is successfully contacted, (ii) successfully answers a skill-testing question, (iii) returns the declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release form, and (iv) provides the necessary identification set out in section 9 above.
11) Four (4) $500 VISA Gift Cards
12) By entering the Contest through registration for the OUF Passport, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the OUAC with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
13) The OUAC reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the OUAC that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the OUAC reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
14) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The OUAC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the OUAC – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification):
(i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest;
(ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or
(iii) for any other reason the OUAC deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the OUAC in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the OUAC. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine.
15) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple email accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of the OUAC. Entries that do not satisfy any of the conditions of the Contest Rules, or are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with the Contest Rules will be void. All Entries become the property of the OUAC upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
16) Without limitation, the OUAC, its advertising and promotion agencies, the Contest judges and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, consultants, advisors, affiliates, successors and assigns will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the OUAC for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the OUAC, its advertising and promotion agencies, the Contest judges and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, consultants, advisors, affiliates, successors and assigns will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
17) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences and teacher education programs at Ontario’s universities.
The Council of Ontario Universities (COU) promotes university education and research, and their role in preparing both undergraduate and graduate students for success in life and careers. COU is a membership organization consisting of Ontario’s 20 publicly assisted universities and 1 associate member, the Royal Military College of Canada. COU works with members to find consensus on a wide range of university issues and advances them with government and other stakeholders.
The OUAC, acting on behalf of COU, Ontario’s 20 publicly funded universities, and the Royal Military College of Canada (collectively referred to as the “universities”) is responsible for collecting and disclosing Personal Information in reference to your OUF Passport.
Personal Information includes your name, email address, phone number, birth date, the city you live in, your postal code, and your attendee status (“Personal Information”).
Your privacy is important to the OUAC and we are committed to ensuring it is respected and protected. As part of this commitment, we have prepared this Privacy Statement to explain the manner in which we collect, use, disclose and otherwise treat your Personal Information. You may receive additional information from the universities about how your Personal Information will be used, disclosed and otherwise treated by them. The universities have their own privacy statements.
You will receive a barcode, known as an OUF Passport, after completing the registration. The purpose of an OUF Passport is for you to be able to quickly share your contact information with the universities you’re interested in. You will also have the option to enter our OUF Passport Contest when you register for the OUF Passport.
By entering the Contest, you have the opportunity to win 1 of 4 CDN $500 Visa Gift Cards. Through your agreement to the terms and conditions relating to the Contest, your Personal Information will be provided to the OUAC for the purposes of administering the Contest.
The universities will only receive your Personal Information if you allow them to scan your OUF Passport.
Declaration and Notice of Collection, Use, Disclosure and Treatment of Your Personal Information Provided as Part of Your OUF Passport
The OUAC will collect, use, disclose and manage your Personal Information as disclosed in this Declaration and Notice.
The OUAC will not disclose, rent, loan, sell or otherwise transfer your Personal Information without your consent, including for entry into the Contest, except as otherwise set out in this Privacy Statement.
Collection of Personal Information
The OUAC will collect the Personal Information you provide when registering for an OUF Passport. In addition, should you choose to provide additional information (such as program(s) of interest, campus(es)) when visiting a booth, the OUAC will collect this data.
Use of Personal Information:
The OUAC will use your email address for communication purposes in connection with the OUF.
The universities will use your email address for communication purposes if you have allowed them to scan your OUF Passport barcode.
The OUAC will conduct a survey of OUF Passport holders following the OUF. Your Personal Information will be used to advise you of the survey. The survey is optional. If you choose to participate in the survey, your Personal Information will be used only to process the survey responses. The information obtained in the survey will be used only in aggregate and non-identifiable form.
The universities will use your Personal Information to send you communications about their university.
The OUAC will use Personal Information to notify contest winners.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
The OUAC will share your Personal Information only with those universities who scan your OUF Passport barcode.
The OUAC will disclose Personal Information from all OUF Passport registrations in non-personally identifiable form, for use by COU and the universities.
Retention and Disposal of Personal Information
The OUAC has authorized DotCom Your Event Inc. to house the OUF Passport registration on their servers.
DotCom Your Event Inc. use an https secure environment with SSL certificate that requires a password to transfer the file and encrypts the file as it is being sent through the internet.
DotCom Your Event Inc. will destroy all data collected and provide proof of such to the OUAC, 10 days after the OUF.
OUAC will delete identifying information from passport registration and scanned data collected by November 1, 2018. Remaining data will be retained for statistical analysis.
The OUAC’s service providers are required to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information and to use it only in compliance with applicable privacy laws, and are prohibited from using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Security of Personal Information
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard the Personal Information in our custody and control, we are unable to guarantee that your Personal Information will never be disclosed or accessed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Statement. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of Personal Information in our custody and control. These measures include restricting access to Personal Information in our custody and control only to employees and authorized service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
To provide you with an increased level of online security, access to your Personal Information on the Passport site will be protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
By registering for an OUF Passport, agreeing to the terms and conditions of use, and allowing the universities to scan your Passport at the OUF, you agree that they will receive your Personal Information.
How to Contact Us
Contact us at any time if:
• you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement;
• you wish to access and/or correct the Personal Information we have in our custody or control; or
• you have a complaint about the manner in which we treat your Personal Information.
Phone : 519-823-1940 ext. 6221
Mailing Address :
Ontario Universities’ Application Centre
170 Research Lane
Guelph ON N1G 5E2