The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
To register for your OUF Passport, you must first agree to this OUF Privacy Statement.
The OUAC is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities (COU). Our mission is to facilitate access to university education in Ontario by offering valuable, sustainable and accessible services and resources that benefit Ontario's universities, their applicants, and affiliated organizations. One such service is organizing and administering the Ontario Universities’ Fair (OUF).
COU is a membership organization consisting of Ontario’s 20 publicly funded universities and 1 associate member – the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC). COU works with its members to find consensus on a wide range of university issues and helps advance them with government and other stakeholders.
The OUAC (referred to as “we”), acting on behalf of COU, Ontario’s 20 publicly funded universities and the RMC (collectively referred to as “the Ontario universities”) is responsible for collecting, using, disclosing and otherwise managing your personal information as part of your OUF Passport.
Personal information includes your name, email address, phone number, birth date, the city you live in, your postal code, and your attendee status (e.g., whether you are a high school student and your grade level, a parent, a guidance counsellor, etc.).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your personal information that is collected as part of your OUF Passport. This Privacy Statement explains how we will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information.
Ontario universities will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information as part of the OUF and in accordance with their own privacy statements, policies and practices, which you should investigate for yourself.
After registering for an OUF Passport, you will receive a barcode (referred to as an “OUF Passport”). The purpose of an OUF Passport is for you to be able to share your personal information with the Ontario universities you are interested in.
The Ontario universities will receive your personal information only if you allow them to scan your OUF Passport barcode.
Declaration and Notice of Collection, Use, Disclosure and Treatment of Personal Information Provided as Part of Your OUF Passport
The OUAC will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information as set out in this Declaration and Notice.
The OUAC will not disclose, rent, loan, sell or otherwise transfer your personal information without your consent, except as otherwise set out in this Declaration and Notice.
Collection of Personal Information
• We collect the personal information you provide when registering for an OUF Passport.
• After Ontario universities scan your OUF Passport barcode, we collect any additional information that you may provide (e.g., programs or campuses of interest) when you interact with a university representative at their booth or presentation room.
Use of Personal Information
• We use your email address to communicate with you about the OUF. We will send you approximately 4 emails before the OUF.
• The Ontario universities use your email address to communicate with you, if you allowed them to scan your OUF Passport barcode.
• The Ontario universities use your personal information to send you information about their university, and they may use your personal information for other purposes, such as matching to your submitted university application, should you choose to apply.
• We may use your email address to invite you to complete an optional survey after the OUF. The information obtained from the survey is reported only in aggregate and non-personally identifiable form.
Disclosure of Personal Information
• We disclose your personal information only with the Ontario universities that scan your OUF Passport barcode.
• After Ontario universities scan your OUF Passport barcode, we disclose any additional information that you may provide (e.g., programs or campuses of interest) when you interact with a university representative at their booth or presentation room.
• We disclose information from all OUF Passport registrations in aggregate, non-personally identifiable form, for use by the OUAC, COU and the Ontario universities.
Retention and Disposal of Your Personal Information
• The OUAC has authorized DotCom Your Event Inc. to process and store the OUF Passport registration data on their servers.
• DotCom Your Event Inc. servers are physically located in Canada.
• DotCom Your Event Inc. uses an https secure environment with a password-protected SSL certificate to transfer the encrypted data.
• DotCom Your Event Inc. destroys all collected data and provides proof to the OUAC that it was destroyed, within 10 days after the OUF.
• The OUAC retains only aggregate, non-personally identifiable data for statistical analysis.
• Our third-party service providers, including DotCom Your Event Inc., are required to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information and use it only in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
• Our third-party service providers, including DotCom Your Event Inc., are prohibited from using or disclosing your personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Security of Your Personal Information
• Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will always be used in ways that are consistent with this Privacy Statement.
• We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure of your personal information.
• We restrict access to personal information only to employees and authorized service providers who require the information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
• By registering for an OUF Passport, you consent to the personal information practices set out in this “Declaration and Notice of Collection, Use, Disclosure and Treatment of Personal Information Provided as Part of Your OUF Passport”.
• By registering for an OUF Passport and allowing the Ontario universities to scan your OUF Passport barcode at the OUF, you agree that your chosen Ontario universities will obtain the personal information you provide to us and that we will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information as set out in this Declaration and Notice.
• You acknowledge that the privacy laws of other countries may be different than the privacy laws in Canada.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may update this privacy statement periodically to reflect changes to our personal information practices. We will post the revised privacy statement on our website. We treat your personal information in accordance with the privacy statement in place at the time of collection of such information, or as you otherwise consent.
How to Contact Us
Contact us at any time if:
• you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement,
• you wish to access and/or correct the personal information we have in our custody or control, or
• you have a complaint about the manner in which we treat your personal information.
Ontario Universities’ Application Centre
170 Research Lane
Guelph ON N1G 5E2
Last updated: August 13, 2019